Decoin Rim Protection will help you to individualize and protect your car.
Set of 4 x Rim Protection protective styling trim rings for alloy wheel rims
- Highly durable rubber rings;
- Can be mounted on wheels in about 20-40 minutes;
- Protect the edge of the rim or cover from scratches;
- High resistance to wear and tear;
- Suitable for any type of the wheel rim and cover, including low-profile tyres;
- Operating temperature range is from -40 to +60 °С;
- Weather resistance, do not swell if affected by the ingress of oils;
- Many color options to match any car! (10 color versions);
- High resilience under low temperatures.
- Fits any type of wheel rims
- Diameter: 14”-26”;
- Material: thermoplastic elastomer (TPE).
- Capable of withstanding temperatures from -40 to +60°C without losing resilience.
- Can easily be remounted on your car’s new wheel rims.
- Remove the wheel from the vehicle and put it on the tyre changer to dismount the tyre.
- Unseat the tyre. It doesn’t need to be removed from the rim completely, you should only reveal the rim’s edge where the protection ring with the same diameter as the rim will be mounted. For example, 18” wheel rims can only be fitted with 18” rings.
- Before installation, BE SURE TO degrease the edges of the rim and tyre (these surfaces are responsible for tightly clamping the protection ring). Tyre centres use tyre black, which must be washed off with having the surface thoroughly dried out afterwards. Any soap remaining on the tyre may result in incorrect installation.
- After the ring has been mounted on the wheel rim, the tyre should be inflated. As the pressure increases, the tyre fits in place, pressing the protection ring to the rim. Pump up the tyre intensively until you hear a distinct popping sound. The tyre should fit tight against the rim edge. When inflating the tyre, do not take special care to prevent the ring from jumping out as its position is going to be adjusted in the next step.
- Once the protection ring has been fitted, reduce the tyre pressure. Next, using the helper arm, press the duckhead against the edge of the rim and rotate the wheel while pushing down on the tyre to gradually align the entire ring, making its visible edge even.
- Inflate the tyre to the manufacturer’s recommended pressure.
- Mount the wheel on the vehicle.
To extend the service life of the product, once a month bend back the protection ring’s edge from the wheel rim surface and remove the layer of dust and dirt built up in between with a cloth soaked in alcohol solution or kerosene.
If you have any questions - Please contact us!
Thank You For Shopping With Decoin !!!